Mothers day is coming up in a couple of weeks and I thought I would share a little handmade gift idea with you – handmade presents are the best aren’t they? These little lavender scented pillows are really simple to make with some off-cuts of fabric and some lavender seeds.
YOU WILL NEED
– six squares of contrasting fabric (approx 11x11cm)
– natural lavender seeds
– lace (approx 30cm)
– twine or ribbon
– sewing machine (or needle if hand sewing)
1. Cut out six squares of fabric approximately 11cm by 11cm
2. To make the first pillow, lay two pieces of fabric with the patterns facing
3. Sew three of the four edges
4. Cut the corners off to ensure a neat finish
5. Turn the pillow out so the pattern is on the outside
6. Fill half way with lavender seed
7. Fold in the open edge and sew up
8. Repeat step 1-7 to make the other two pillows
9. Stack the pillows and wrap the lace around them
10. Secure with twine
Last summer I collected some lavender seed from the garden but I didn’t quite have enough so I bought a bag from Hobbycraft to keep the jar topped up because it looks pretty and it smells so good. I have made a note to plant some more lavender this year.
Are you making any Mother’s Day gifts? Do share you plans with me, I’d love to know.
Love Laura xxx