Autumn has gently revealed itself around here, the world outside our windows has turned to a patchwork of russets, golds and reds, whilst inside we have been lighting candles, pulling on the extra woollen layers and creating feelings of warmth and togetherness. It is my favourite time of year and I have really enjoyed noticing the shift in our daily rhythm and the little rituals we have adopted here at home as the season unfolds. Here are some of the things we have been enjoying recently:
- Starting the day with a candle burning, usually at the table whilst we eat our breakfast together. It is the perfect way to ease nicely into the day
- Pulling on the on the extra woollen layers before heading out into the cold, fresh air
- Stomping through the woods with friends
- Crunching through the fallen leaves and collecting seed pods to bring back home.
- Visiting a pumpkin patch and flicking through recipe books to find recipes for some good nourishing autumn food
- Lighting our fire with fairy lights to add warmth to the room
- Reading The Book Of Hygge – the Danish art of living well
- Layering our beds up with quilts and blankets at bedtime
How are you welcoming the season at home?